Monday 6 August 2012

Arusha - La Jacaronda Hotel










Lawrence works at the reception here at La Jacaronda. It just so happened that he was free today and keen to show me the town. We started at church. It was very exciting.


Straight to the market - always an unpredictable thrill and learning experience. Check out the scenes, colours and everything. I wish I could share the smells.


This is the sidewalk. It goes into a massive ditch.





On the other side we found some cool stuff.


Check out the guy, back left corner.





These hold coal. They are like the stove.


Eggplant (aubergine) is grown everywhere here, along with cabbage, carrots, peas, cassava, maize (corn), peppers, and potatoes by the mile.








Candy colored fruit,with a plantable seed in the middle:


Beans





Lawrence had fun walking around with a muzungu at his side today. He took me to his house and it was thrilling for me too.





The goat was born last night.





Fish are gutted and dried...yeah, there were a few flies, but I would probably eat the meat once it was dried. The sun is like medicine.


Back in my little lap of luxury :)


With love from Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment